Frequently Asked Questions

The type of survey you choose depends mainly on the age and condition of the property. The Homebuyer report is designed for properties of traditional construction, under 100 years old that appear to be in reasonable/good condition. The Building Survey is recommended for properties over 100 years old or a property that appears to be in a poor state of repair, or of a bespoke/unusual construction. Our dedicated Sales Team are on hand to provide their guidance and expertise to help you choose the correct survey.
It couldn't be easier, simply use our instant quote tool on this website and book online. Alternatively, call us on 0800 007 3010 – option 1 and speak with a member of our dedicated Sales Team. We will make all the necessary arrangements in order to inspect the property.
You can pay online via this website using PayPal or over the telephone using debit or credit card.
YES - All surveyors employed by Miller Metcalfe are Associates, Members or Fellows of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the leading regulatory authority in the industry. Our Surveyors also hold a current VRS certificate which is compulsory to undertake valuation work.
Sorry we do not permit accompanied inspections. We will happily arrange for our Surveyor to call you within 24 hours of the inspection to discuss their findings. If you have any particular areas of concern we will discuss these with you at stage of instruction and ensure the Surveyor is aware of your concerns ahead of the inspection.
No - Only the RICS HomeBuyers report includes a valuation as standard. This valuation is provided for guidance only. The HomeBuyer report also includes a reinstatement/rebuild cost for insurance purposes. HomeScore reports and Building Surveys do not include Valuations or reinstatement costs however these can be provided on a separate report at an additional cost. Please note - Lenders will always instruct their own valuation using their own panel of Surveyors.
No. By Law, only qualified Gas Safe or Electrical Engineers can carry out tests and reports on services. As part of our inspection, services are subject to a visual inspection only and are usually given a condition rating 3 as standard. It is advisable to have services checked by the appropriate professional before committing to a property.
All our Surveyors are equipped with a Moisture Meter. At the time of inspection damp readings are recorded from various points around the property. Where a reading is particularly high or where a Surveyor identifies a problem you may then be advised to obtain a Specialist report. A Damp and Timber specialist will undertake a more invasive inspection on the property advising on remedies and cost-ings within their report.
If there is evidence of movement past or present, our Surveyor would advise you obtain a specialist report such as a Structural Engineer Report. This report will follow a more invasive inspection on a particular area advising on remedies and costings
No. The remit of the report is limited to the condition of the property when inspected. For advice on future plans ie; extensions, alterations, works to be done and pricing etc, you would need advice from a Structural Engineer and or a Reputable Building Contractor. Please note, we can mention that you are considering possible alterations and our surveyor may be able to comment on any elements that may complicate matters ie; location of drains/trees/hazards.
It is possible to identify if the property has Cavity Wall insulation however the type of insulation cannot be commented on as it will be hidden in the cavity.
We have a dedicated customer service team who will assist with any queries you may have. They can be contacted via email:
We aim to deliver all our reports within 3-7 working days from the date of the inspection. All reports are sent to you via email as a PDF document. Hard copies are available on request at an additional fee of £10.
Need help? Contact us today