Why do I need a HomeBuyer report
- It will help you make an informed decision on whether to proceed with the purchase
- It will highlight all potential issues and defects
- It will advise on potential hazardous risks
- It will advise you on the ongoing maintenance that will be required
- It will advise if you are purchasing for the right amount or if you should renegotiate
What is a HomeBuyer Report?
Our Surveyor will carry out a full visual inspection of the property inside and out to include the roof void (if accessible). This RICS report will provide you with details on the condition of all the different elements that make up the property. The findings are also clearly highlighted throughout the report by way of condition ratings on a scale of 1-3. Please be advised, Surveyors do not lift carpets, floorboards, heavy objects or personal effects. Surveyors carry various tools to assist with the inspection to include moisture meters enabling them to record levels of damp throughout the property. They will highlight all defects and offer recommendations if further reports by specialist firms are required. The valuation figure provided in the report takes into account the overall condition of the property and also comparable properties that have recently sold in the area. The Surveyor will advise if they feel you are paying a reasonable amount or if you are paying too much giving you the freedom to renegotiate on the price. The HomeBuyer report also includes a reinstatement valuation that can be used when obtaining quotes for Building Insurance. The HomeBuyer report is suitable for most properties that have been built in the last 100 years, are of standard construction and have not had any major alterations.
Think about it...
Would you ever purchase a car without lifting the bonnet?
The HomeBuyer Report includes:
- A report that will help you to make an informed decision on whether you should proceed with the purchase.
- A report that highlights all potential issues and defects and advises on potential hazardous risks.
- A report that advises if you are considered to be paying too much for a property!! It also includes a reinstatement valuation as standard!
- A report that will inform you of the amount of ongoing maintenance that will be required so you know what you may be walking into.
The RICS HomeBuyer Report has 3 condition ratings to evaluate and describe the condition of the property and how urgently it needs repairing. The conditions are defined by RICS are:
Condition Rating 1No repair is currently needed. Normal maintenance must be carried out.
Condition Rating 2Repairs or replacements are needed but the surveyor does not consider these to be serious or urgent.
Condition Rating 3Defects are present which are either serious and/or in urgent need of repair or replacement, or the surveyor feels that further investigation is required.
Please enter a valid postcode.
Need Any Help?
Our staff are here to help you with any questions you may have.